attocubeCryogen-free cryostat with optional superconducting magnets
The attoDRY1000 is a cryogen-free cooling system setting new performance benchmarks. The attoDRY1000 was specifically designed to provide an ultra-low vibration measurement platform for cryogenic scanning probe experiments without the need for liquid helium. The standard closed-cycle system enables vibration-sensitive experiments in a temperature range from 4 K to 300 K. The optionally available microscope inserts are cooled by a controlled exchange gas atmosphere. Superconducting magnets up to 9 T are available as an option. Due to a proprietary design, mechanical vibrations created by the pulse-tube coldhead are decoupled from the measurement platform.and 1 top window. Apochromatic objectives with high numerical aperture (NA=0.81-0.95) can either be integrated into the cryostat, into the vacuum shield, or put in close working distance next to the optical windows from the outside. This ensures extremely low drifts and optimal collection efficiency.
When measured with the attoAFM I, vibration amplitudes of less than 0.15 nm RMS are routinely achieved (bandwidth of 200 Hz, vertical direction). Despite the mechanical decoupling between coldhead and sample platform, the cooling performance ot the attoDRY1000 is simply outstanding. Temperatures as low as 3 K and probe cooldown times as fast as 1 hour make cryogenic scanning probe experiments a delight. For the attoDRY1000, a wide variety of scanning probe microscopy inserts is available, ranging from confocal (CFM) to magnetic force microscopy (MFM), as well as transport measurement inserts (atto3DR).
Closed-cycle CryostatsThe dependance on liquid helium continues to involve heavy logistics, high prices and insecure supplies. Consequently, closed-cycle cryostats are becoming more and more popular in all areas involving measurements at variable or low temperatures. With the attoDRY series, attocube provides unique instruments with unmatched and proven low mechanical vibrations, unprecedented low acoustic noise levels, and exceptional temperature stability.
Besides, our systems have been optimized for fast turnaround times and hence enable a maximum number of measurement cycles in a minimum amount of time. Superconducting magnets in the form of single solenoids or vector magnets are available for measurements in high magnetic fields. Last but not least, special emphasis has been put into the ease of use through automation of routine procedures, also contributing to a highly professional user experience.
• attoDRY LAB: Fully automated, cryogen-free nanocharacterization platform with a variety of different measurement options.
• attoCRYO: Dry & liquid cryostats, optimized for the most sensitive measurement techniques at variable temperature & high magnetic field.
• attoMOTION: Piezo-based nanopositioners for research & industry applications. Suitable for ambient to extreme environments.
• attoSENSORICS: Ultra precise optical sensors for real-time displacement and vibration measurement with picometer resolution.
• attoCONTROL: Advanced control electronics and software control modules for attocube´s nanopositioners and microscopes.
• attoMICROSCOPY: Measurement inserts for nano-characterization of surfaces and bulk materials at low temperatures & high magnetic fields.
Applications• solid state physics and quantum dot optics
• material science research on ceramics, polymers, additives, alloys, ..
• semiconductor device characterization
COMPATIBLE MICROSCOPE SYSTEMS
• attoCFM I, attoCFM II, attoCFM III, attoRAMAN, attoAFM I, attoMFM I, attoSHPM
• attoAFM/CFM (on request)
Features• cryogen-free, low vibration cryostat platform
• very fast cooldown and turn-around times
• temperature control range: 4 K to 300 K
• optional superconducting magnets up to 9 T
Benefits• scanning probe microscopy experiments in a cryogen-free, low vibration environment
• fast exchange of samples and/or scanning probe tips
• measurements at a broad range of temperature and magnetic field (optional) with highest stability
OptionOptical breadboard add-on
attocube´s breadboard add-on offers easy access for challenging optical experiments conducted in cryogenic temperatures and high magnetic fields. Various components can be mounted onto an optical platform, which can be directly attached to any of attocube´s top-loading cryostats (attoDRY1000/1100/2100). The elaborated design enables a seamless integration of plattform and cryostat thus offering maximum stability for free-beam experiments.
• breadboard drawer 500 mm x 475 mm x 12.7 mm
• metric holes (M6 threads on 25 mm centers)
• mounting kit for base plate of removable drawer