Magnetic Property Measurement System - MPMS®3
Quantum DesignQuantum Design's MPMS 3 represents the culmination of more than 30 years of development and design in the world of SQUID Magnetometry. Providing users with the sensitivity of a SQUID (Superconducting QUantum Interference Device) magnetometer and the choice of multiple measurement modes, the MPMS 3 offers new levels of performance in magnetic research while including those aspects of past Quantum Design SQUID magnetometers that customers have grown to appreciate and depend on.
The MPMS 3 incorporates major advances in data acquisition, temperature control and magnetic field control with ≤10-8 emu sensitivity. The award- winning design of Quantum Design's MPMS 3 also provides expanded software functionality within its user-friendly MultiVu interface. Combining the highest level of system performance with the possibility of using all previously available MPMS measurement options, the Quantum Design MPMS 3 truly represents the next generation of advanced SQUID magnetometry.
• Cryogen Free with EverCool®
• SQUID Sensitivity
• Multiple Measurement Modes (Including Traditional MPMS DC Scan)
• Temperature Range: 1.8 - 400K
• 7 Tesla Magnet
Low Temperature StagesHelium-3 Refrigerator
• Continuous operation down to 0.5 K
• Compatible with DC Scan and AC Susceptibility measurements
Magnetometry MeasurementVibrating Sample Magnetometer (VSM) Oven
• Up to 1000 K
Ultra Low Field (ULF) Capability
• ± 0.05 G with a 7 T magnet
• AC Susceptibility
• Sensitivity: 5 x 10-8 emu
• Amplitude: 0.005 Oe – 15 Oe (peak)
• Frequency Range: 0.1 Hz – 1 KHz
• Direct phase nulling technique measures and cancels background AC phase shifts at every measurement
• Choice of UV or IR Rod
• UV >90% transmittance 325 nm - 900 nm
• IR >90% transmittance 375 nm - 2250 nm
• Sample holder volume 2.68 mm3
• Moment Sensitivity <10-4 emu
• 150 W light source
• Xenon Arc Lamp
• 10 position filter wheel
• 9 bandpass filters (436 nm, 470 nm, 500 nm, 530 nm, 555 nm, 585 nm, 640 nm, 740 nm, 850 nm)
Horizontal Sample Rotator
• Precision, stepper controlled rotator
• Step Size: 0.1 degree minimum
• Angle Range: -10 degrees to 370 degrees (in one direction
Electro-Transport MeasurementElectro-Transport Measurement Options
Electrical Transport (ETO)
• For performing AC Resistance, Hall Effect, I-V, and Differential Resistance (dV/dI vs. I) measurements.
• 1nV sensitivity, 10 nΩ resolution at 100 mA
• AC and DC drive amplitude 10 nA to 100 mA
• Resistance ranges from 10 µΩ to 5 GΩ
• Individual sample holders available for measurements parallel or perpendicular to field.
High PressureHigh Pressure Measurement Options
High Pressure Cell for Magnetometry
Introducing a novel, high pressure cell for magnetometry that allows easier sample insertion and removal without the need of an hydraulic press. This pressure cell, manufactured by HMD, comes in a complete kit that contains all the accessories you will need to aid in the characterization of your samples.
Benefits of the HMD Pressure Cell:
• All BeCu design for more uniform magnetic background
• No copper ring seal ensures easy sample removal
• All necessary accessories conveniently packaged
• Compatible with DC Scan and AC Measurements
• No hydraulic press necessary
• Maximum Applied Pressure – 1.3 GPa
• Sample Space Diameter – 1.7 or 2.2 mm
• Sample Space Length – 7 mm max
• Cell Diameter – 8.5 mm
• Temperature Range – 1.8 to 400K
Laboratory SQUIDSLaboratory SQUIDS
Quantum Design's patented high-symmetry SQUID design and electronics provide the most rugged and sensitive all-thin-film sensors commercially available, and give you everything you need to configure flexible, powerful detection systems for your research. These sensors can easily withstand the rigors of a laboratory environment such as repeated temperature cycling. Their robust performance offers a level of reliability and adaptability that has earned QD a worldwide reputation as the SQUID of choice. OEM services are also available for special commercial applications.
DC SQUID Systems
SP5000 - High performance DC SQUID controller for up to eight channels (not CE Compliant)
• Remote computer and GPIB port.
• Simultaneous overall display of one to eight channels on the front panel LCD show independent values for range, gain, bandwidth, status, and filter states.
• 16-bit A/D converter is capable of multiplexing all eight channels of SQUID output.
SP550 - Single channel DC SQUID controller (CE Compliant)
• Low power, low noise electronics in a compact package.
• Enhanced tuning capabilities to ease optimization for low-noise operation.
• Compensation for zero temperature coefficient.