Measurement of Hall Effect and Sample MobilityLake Shore M91 MeasureReady™ FastHall™ Measurement Controller for PPMS
Lake Shore's M91 measurement controller delivers significantly higher levels of precision, speed, and convenience as compared to traditional Hall effect measurement solutions. Combining all the necessary Hall measurement functions into a single instrument, the M91 automatically executes measurements and calculates the final Hall and mobility parameters. The instrument eliminates manual trial-and-error steps and ensures that measurements are always made under optimal conditions for the sample.
Most commonly measured materials can be analyzed in a few seconds. By eliminating the need to reverse the magnetic field during the measurement, the M91 is especially beneficial when using with the superconducting magnet of a PPMS, allowing for much faster analysis of low-mobility material samples in van der Pauw (vdP) wired geometries.
A convenient, single instrumentTraditional Hall effect measurement systems (HMS) provide basic electrical measurement instrumentation combined with a switching unit to measure sample resistivity and Hall voltages but must rely on separate PC-based software to perform pre- and post-measurement calculations in order to ultimately derive the physical parameters that researchers need to know—resistivity, carrier type, carrier concentration, mobility, and Hall coefficient.
The M91 FastHall measurement controller combines all of the necessary HMS functions into a single instrument, automating and optimizing the measurement process, and directly reporting the calculated parameters.
Others' approach vs. the FastHall™ approach
Features• MeasureLINK™ software integrates with all PPMS platforms
• No need for field reversal during the measurement
• Extends mobility range down to 0.001 cm2/ (V·s) when measuring vdP samples
• Automatically selects optimal excitation and measurement levels, checks sample contact quality, and provides complete Hall analysis
• Calculates derived parameters for vdP and Hall bar samples
Simpler and more convenient
• All-in-one instrument
• Automatically selects optimal excitation and measurement levels
• Automatically executes measurement steps
• Provides complete Hall analysis
• Easy to use, easy to integrate with existing lab systems
Makes better measurements, faster
• No need to reverse the magnetic field with FastHall
• Up to 100× faster for low mobility materials
• Improves accuracy by minimizing thermal drift
• Build a new Hall system or upgrade an existing one
• Add state-of-the-art Hall measurement capability to any lab
• Use with any type of magnet