Quantum Design has been active in Latin American since 1998. In 2010 the Latin America office was opened in Brazil to meet the needs of the sizable and growing research base using Quantum Design Equipment.
The office is fully operational where new features are continually being added to facilitate activities for researchers.
We are fortunate to be able to represent a very good line of other scientific instrumentation companies to service Latin America.
- Scientists found a new and promising qubit at a place where there is nothing In the world of quantum mechanics, researchers can even make empty space, the lack of something, do their bidding. Scientists have now created a new setup to control the absence of electrons in a sol Read More
- Nanomaterials with laser printing An interdisciplinary team presents a laser-driven technology that enables them to create nanoparticles out of materials such as copper, cobalt and nickel oxides. At the usual printing speed, photoelectrodes are produced in this way, for example, for a wide range of applications such as the generation of green hydrogen. Read More
- Magnetism drives metals to insulators in new experiment Like all metals, silver, copper, and gold are conductors. Electrons flow across them, carrying heat and electricity. While gold is a good conductor under any conditions, some materials have the property of behaving like metal conductors only if temperatures are high enough; at low temperatures, they act like insulators and do not do a good job of carrying electricity. In other words, these unusual materials go from acting like a chunk of gold to acting like a piece of wood as temperatures are lowered. Physicists have developed theories to explain this so-called metal-insulator transition, but the mechanisms behind the transitions are not always clear. Read More
- Thermal Cantilevers
- Cryostation standard series
- PPMS VersaLab™
- SVT-400 High-efficiency Cryostat
- Helmholtz and Search Coils
- 10 Kelvin Closed Cycle Refrigerator Systems
- Scienta Omicron ARPES Systems
- FP Series Hall Probes
- Cryogenic Storage System 120 Liter
- Modular Characterization Systems
- Imaging & Spectroscopy Modules