Quantum Design has been active in Latin American since 1998. In 2010 the Latin America office was opened in Brazil to meet the needs of the sizable and growing research base using Quantum Design Equipment.
The office is fully operational where new features are continually being added to facilitate activities for researchers.
We are fortunate to be able to represent a very good line of other scientific instrumentation companies to service Latin America.
- “Exotic magnetic states in miniature dimensions” published in Nature Led by scientists at Empa, INL - International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory and an international team of researchers from Switzerland, Portugal, Germany, and Spain have succeeded in building carbon-based quantum spin chains, where they captured the emergence of one of the cornerstone models of quantum magnetism first proposed by the 2016 Nobel laureate F. D. M. Haldane in 1983. Read More
- Induced flaws in quantum materials could enhance superconducting properties In a surprising discovery, an international team of researchers, led by scientists in the University of Minnesota Center for Quantum Materials, found that deformations in quantum materials that cause imperfections in the crystal structure can actually improve the material's superconducting and electrical properties. Read More
- Nobel prize in physics goes to research on complex physical systems The 2021 Nobel prize in physics has been awarded to three scientists who improved our understanding of the complexity of systems that range in scale from atoms to our planet’s climate. Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi’s research provided fundamental insights that underpin much of our knowledge of climate change. Read More
- Spinsolve 80
- SuperOptiMag Superconducting Magnet Systems - SOM, SOM2 Series
- STVP-100 Optical Cryostat
- 8600 Series VSM
- Liquid Oxygen Plants - From 10 up to 500 L/day
- JDry Series Cryogen Free Dilution Refrigerators for Quantum Computing
- Measurement of Hall Effect and Sample Mobility
- Physical Property Measurement System - PPMS®