Quantum Design has been active in Latin American since 1998. In 2010 the Latin America office was opened in Brazil to meet the needs of the sizable and growing research base using Quantum Design Equipment.
The office is fully operational where new features are continually being added to facilitate activities for researchers.
We are fortunate to be able to represent a very good line of other scientific instrumentation companies to service Latin America.
- ESR-STM on single molecules and molecule-based structures Scaling down information devices to the atomic scale has brought the interest of using individual spins as a basic unit for data storage. This requires precise detection and control of spin states and a better understanding of spin-spin interactions. Read More
- First ferroelectric ice created in graphene sandwich Scientists have for the first time unambiguously observed ferroelectric water – a state in which the molecules’ dipoles become ordered and the material gains electric polarisation – in an atom-thin ice layer sandwiched between graphene sheets. Read More
- First observation of an inhomogeneous electron charge distribution on an atom Until now, observing subatomic structures was beyond the resolution capabilities of direct imaging methods, and this seemed unlikely to change. Czech scientists, however, have presented a method with which they became the first in the world to observe an inhomogeneous electron charge distribution around a halogen atom, thus confirming the existence of a phenomenon that had been theoretically predicted but never directly observed. Comparable to the first observation of a black hole, the breakthrough will facilitate understanding of interactions between individual atoms or molecules as well as of chemical reactions, and it opens a path to refinement of the material and structural properties of various physical, biological, and chemical systems. The breakthrough will be published on Friday in Science. Read More
- Scienta Omicron HiPP-Lab
- Phase FMR-8
- FP Series Hall Probes
- Gas Generators
- SuperTran-VP Continuous Flow Cryostat Systems - Sample in Vapor
- Probe Stations Incorporating Magnets
- Ulvac Liquid Nitrogen Plants 07 L/day
- Liquid Nitrogen Plants - From 10 up to 480 L/day
- STVP-100 Optical Cryostat
- VariTemp (VT-200)
- MicroWriter ML3 Mesa