Quantum Design has been active in Latin American since 1998. In 2010 the Latin America office was opened in Brazil to meet the needs of the sizable and growing research base using Quantum Design Equipment.
The office is fully operational where new features are continually being added to facilitate activities for researchers.
We are fortunate to be able to represent a very good line of other scientific instrumentation companies to service Latin America.
- Next generation electronics: Expanding the possibilities with silver nanowires Today's nanoscale technologies are sophisticated enough to be applied in an endless number of useful devices, from sensors in touch screen devices and household appliances to wearable biosensors that can monitor chemical levels in our blood, muscle movement, breathing and pulse rate. In addition, there are technologies for precision devices such as high-resolution scanning probe microscopes which enable one to visualize surfaces not only at the atomic level, but even the individual atoms themselves. Read More
- Physicists develop new unique scanning tunneling microscope with magnetic cooling to study quantum effects Scanning tunneling microscopes capture images of materials with atomic precision and can be used to manipulate individual molecules or atoms. Researchers have been using the instruments for many years to explore the world of nanoscopic phenomena. A new approach is now creating new possibilities for using the devices to study quantum effects. Read More
- Highly durable biomimetic nanotrough electrodes for proton exchange membrane fuel cells Membrane electrode assembly is the core part of proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs). However, the high consumption of platinum and poor durability of carbon supported platinum nanoparticles (Pt/C) in the conventional cathode prohibit the large-scale commercialization of fuel cell vehicles. Read More
- SVT-400 High-efficiency Cryostat
- attoDRY 1100
- Thermal Cantilevers
- STVP-100 Optical Cryostat
- Modular Characterization Systems
- Liquid Nitrogen Plants - From 10 up to 480 L/day
- 8600 Series VSM
- OptiCool - 7 Tesla Optical Cryostat
- Liquid Oxygen Plants - From 10 up to 500 L/day
- Pressure Cell I