MicroWriter ML3 Baby Plus
Durham Magneto OpticsMicroWriter ML®3 Baby Plus is a compact, high-performance, low-cost direct-write optical lithography machine which is designed to offer unprecedented value for money in a small laboratory footprint. Measuring only 70cm x 60cm at its base, it sits on a standard laboratory bench or desk and plugs into a supplied laptop computer. Its only service requirement is a standard power socket. A light-excluding enclosure with safety interlock allows it to be used equally well in an open laboratory environment or in a clean room. Easy to use Windows® based software means most exposures can be set up and launched with just a few mouse clicks. Two different minimum feature sizes (1µm and 5µm) can be selected automatically via software. This allows non-critical parts of the exposure to be performed rapidly at 5µm minimum feature size while retaining high resolution writing for critical parts. The MicroWriter ML®3 Baby Plus also features an optical surface profilometer tool and an automated wafer inspection tool for examining fabricated structures.
Features and Specifications• 149mm x 149mm maximum writing area.
• 155mm x 155mm x 7mm maximum wafer size.
• 1µm and 5µm minimum feature sizes across full writing area.
• Automatic selection of resolution via software – no manual changing of lens required.
• 405nm long-life semiconductor lightsource suitable for broadband, g- and h-line positive and negative photoresists (e.g. S1800, ECI-3000, MiR 701). Replacement 385nm and 365nm lightsources available as option, suitable for g-, h- and i-line photoresists (e.g. SU-8).
• XY interferometer with 15nm resolution for precise motion control.
• Fast writing speed: up to 50mm2/minute (1µm minimum feature size) and 180mm2/minute (5µm minimum feature size), allowing a typical 50mm x 50mm area combining critical and non-critical areas to be exposed in under 30 minutes.
• Autofocus system using yellow light with real-time surface tracking laser– no minimum wafer size.
• High quality infinite conjugate optical microscope camera with x3 aspheric objective lens and x10 Olympus plan objective lens and yellow light illumination for alignment to lithographic markers on the wafer (±1µm 3σ alignment accuracy).
• Automatic changing between microscope magnifications via software – no manual changing of lens required. Additional x4 digital zoom can be selected in software.
• Grey scale exposure mode for 3-dimensional patterning (255 grey levels).
• Software API for external interfacing and control.
• 200nm minimum addressable grid; 15nm sample stage resolution.
• Acceptable file formats: CIF, GDS2, BMP, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF.
• Automatic laser-based wafer centring tool.
• Built-in 2-dimensional optical surface profiler (200nm thickness resolution) for examining exposed resists, deposited layers, etching and other MEMS process steps.
• Automatic wafer inspection tool allowing each die on a wafer to be imaged.
• External dimensions: 700mm (w) x 700mm (d) x 700mm (h), excluding computer.
• Light-excluding enclosure with safety interlock.
• Designed for desktop use – no optical table required.
• Easy to use, Windows® based control software supplied.
• Supplied with KLayout open-source mask design software (www.klayout.de)
• Supplied with pre-configured 64-bit Windows® 10 PC and monitor for ‘plug and play’ installation.
• All cables supplied.
• Extremely competitively priced for University and industrial R&D budgets.
• Can be later upgraded to MicroWriter ML®3 Mesa or Pro for higher performance.
• CE-marked and compliant with EN-61010.
• 90-260 VAC, 50-60Hz, 4A single phase power requirement.
Applications• Microelectronics and semiconductors
• MEMS / NEMS
• Microfluidics and lab-on-a-chip
• Materials science
• Graphene and other 2-dimensional materials
Options• Replace 405nm lightsource with 385nm
• Replace 405nm or 385nm lightsource with 365nm
• Clewin Software
• Virtual mask aligner
• Increases max samples thickness to 15mm)
• Increases max XY travel to 200mm - same as Pro)
• Temperature compensation module, same as Pro)
• 1 year's additional warranty
• Upgrade system to more advanced models