SS-PST100R AM1.5G Spectrum Adjustable Solar Simulator
EnlitechWith the rapid development of high-efficiency tandem solar cells, especially perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells, the need for accurate measurement of the conversion efficiency of tandem cells has attracted a lot of attention.
FeaturesAccording to the latest IEC 60904-1-1 tandem cell test regulation, for the accurate test of tandem solar cells, the requirements for the simulator are as follows:
• Output spectral mismatch less than 6% (A++ grade)
• Output spectrum adjustable
• Output light intensity adjustable
• Using the latest single xenon light source spectrum control technology of Enlitech, the spectrum can achieve the spectral level of dual lamp system (xenon lamp plus halogen lamp).
• The output spectrum from 300-1700 nm can meet the requirements of AM1.5G spectrum, and its average spectral mismatch is less than 6% (IEC 60904-9: 2020).
• Only a single xenon lamp is used, so the system is free from two issues: (1) the lifespan of the two bulbs (xenon & halogen) of the dual lamp system does not match, and (2) the lifespan of halogen lamps is very short (only 50 hours).
• With A++ spectral grade. Moreover, its xenon lamp lifespan can exceed 1,000 hours, and it is much longer than the lifespan halogen lamp (1000 hours vs. 50 hours).
• Significantly reduces light source calibration time and increases reproducibility of the testing results.
• The design of single lamp source has better spectral coverage (SPC) and lower spectral deviation (SPD) than multi-lamp LED simulators. SS-PST can provide more accurate tandem solar cell testing results.
• SS-PST is especially suitable for precise testing of perovskite/crystalline silicon tandem solar cells due to its performance of spectrum adjustable.
|Spectrum Grade (300~1200 nm)||SPC (Ideal: 100%)||SPD (Ideal: 0%)|
|Dual-lamp simulator (Ideal)||A++||100%||3.2%|
|Dual-lamp simulator (Actual)||A+||100%||4~8%|
According to IEC 60904-9:2020 standard, SS-PST not only has spectral grade of A++, 100% SPC, but also better SPD! A single lamp system has the performance of dual lamp system.
|Comparison of High Spectral Match Solar Simulators|
|Brand||Enlitech||N Brand (USA)||Y Brand (Japan)||S Brand (Japan)|
|Effective Illuminance Area||100 mm x 100 mm||4 in. x 4 in.||80 mm x 80 mm||220 mm x 220 mm|
(300 nm - 1200 nm)
|Spectral Coverage (SPC)||100%||100%||100%||100%|
|Spectral Deviation (SPD)||1.2%||6.7%||4~8%||4~8%|
|Lamp System||Single Xe Lamp||Single Xe Lamp||Dual Lamp|
(Xe Lamp + Halogen Lamp)
(Xe Lamp + Halogen Lamp)
|Beam Direction||Up/Down/Left/Right optional||Downward only||Downward only||Downward only|
|Illumination Area||100 x 100 mm2|
|Spectrum Range||300 ~ 1650 nm|
|Reference Cell (option)||KG3 for Perovskite Top
BL7 for Si Bottom
Applications• Perovskite Solar Cell Efficiency measurement
• Organic Solar Cell Efficiency measurement
• Perovskite/ Si Tandem solar cell efficiency measurement
• Ideality Factor n test
• Sun-Voc test
• Water splitting cell test
• HJT, PERC, TOPCon Si solar cell test
• Concentrator Photovoltaic
• Aging tests for solar cells